Here is a list of the products from Lush I’ve got my eye on at the moment (there are many more but aint nobody got time to read a blog post that long).
1) Ginger Body Lotion– According to their website, this stuff is “easily absorbed without feeling greasy, and makes the skin feel wonderfully supple, hydrated and cared-for”- sounds good to me! This looks like the perfect moisturizer to slather on after a shower. What’s more is that the “gorgeously sexy grown-up” perfume lingers on the skin (ooh la-la!).
2) Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask– for waking up my tired, neglected skin. The reviews on this are great, and the idea of putting a pre-refrigerated (aka soothingly cold) mask on my skin at the end of a long day sounds amazing. Taken from the Lush website: “It’s hard to stick to all the rules. Eight hours sleep a night, two litres of water a day, plenty of exercise, five fruit and veg etc. This mask is for when you have overdone things and let the rules slide.” Um, YES PLEASE.
3) Santa Baby Lip Tint– I love red lips all year round, but there is something about wearing them in the Autumn/Winter that is extra special. Hopefully this is as pigmented as it looks. It makes me very uncomfortable that this is part of their Christmas stock therefore will be banished within a month or two… I may have to pick up more than one.
4) Tea Tree Water– this handy-dandy substance can be used for removing traces of face products, a quick facial refresher to cool the skin, a toner or a makeup remover. Tea tree is supposedly “a wonder oil for anyone with oily or spot prone skin” with antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. I think it’s clear that this is needed in my life.
5) Big Shampoo– after trying out Rub Rub Rub (a salt-based shower scrub- post here) on my hair, I have decided that salt is the way to go. Big shampoo is supposed to be the ultimate product for adding volume, which is always nice- especially when the length of your hair weighs it downs into a lifeless pile of bleugh. What’s nicer is that this particular shampoo doesn’t contain any added synthetic preservatives. I’ve made a pact to cut down on putting chemical-type gunk in my hair.
6) Aqua Marina Facial Cleanser– this cleanser has emollient ingredients to soften the skin and clay powders to deep clean and absorb grease. This can be used on your body too and contains Irish moss gel, aloe vera gel, fine sea salt, sweet orange oil, calamine powder and even a sheet of nori seaweed. Creating a “huge skin sushi”. Does that not just sound like the best thing ever?
7) Marilyn Hair Treatment– If you didn’t know,I have ombre hair (a gradient from brown to blonde at le ends), and we all know that dyed blonde hair as a tendency to lose its blonde-ness. Marilyn is supposed to cancel out ‘brassy tones’ in the hair, as well as act as a pre-wash lightening treatment. The blonder my ends, the better.
8) Sea Spray Hair Mist– I have heard Zoella mention this before, and if it’s good enough for her, it’s good enough for me. I think salt sprays add a dose of needed texture and wave to long hair that can tend to look weighed-down and limp as mentioned before. In the past however, I’ve had issues with it making my hair feel sticky and non-brushable. I’m counting on you Lush 😉
9) Lust Gorilla Solid Perfume– I think solid perfumes are genius for throwing in your bag or using discreetly in public. The scent for this is described as “strong, pure jasmine and warms on the skin to a seductive floral scent” and apparently lasts for hours. It’s always a disappointment when this isn’t the case with perfume or body sprays.
So that sums up my current Wishlist from the mother of all things bath and body: Lush. If (lets be honest, when) I purchase any of the products mentioned above, I’ll be sure to write about them for you all. What have you been loving recently?
- Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub from Lush (jenniesusan.wordpress.com)